Saturday, August 7, 2010

Believe It or Not

As a child I remember seeing the weirdest fish. It looked like a miniature swordfish, with a long, serrated mouth, and fins that repeated all along its spine. I tried to tell others I saw this fish but they didn't believe me. I even drew a picture in the sand to show them. I thought I should warn them. It was a threatening looking fish.

It was a like a porpoise pup, except with extra fins, and it was scaly, so it wasn't a mammal. In spite of this, it had a tiger pattern on it. And its eye had a mean expression in it. It was no rockbass. It was no sunfish. Definitely not a perch or a pike or a catfish, as are common in that lake. (I mean, it had the stripes of a tiger, but it was way off on everything else.)

I don't know why no one believed I saw it. One person said he heard of such fish in the oceans, but not in the lake. And definitely not known to swim right up to the shore. But that's why I thought I should warn people. Maybe it swam in close so it could bite them.

And I've checked around the internet since then and I'm not the only one who saw that fish. Plenty other reports of such sightings from others.

They took their chances and no one got bit. But whenever I punctured one of my water wings, I was very suspicious about it.

More Statements Scripts Songs

© 2010. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment